Sunday, June 24, 2012

Gathering Winooski -All About It



Jude Bond
Gathering Winooski

An on-site mini-studio installation.
Each week I will hunt and gather unusual materials from Winooski businesses, individuals, and the natural environment. I will then explore and investigate the art making possibilities inherent within these found materials.

Open Thurs. – Sat. 11-8  & Sun. 10-3
I will be present each Thurs. from 6-8pm to discuss the project and work in my mini-studio. Stop by and see me!

The Winooski Pop-up Gallery District transforms downtown Winooski into a vibrant hub of contemporary art for six weeks in June and July. The event includes art exhibitions; music and other cultural events; activities for children; and showcases the community of Winooski–its shops, restaurants, and history.

The show runs from June 22nd through August 4th. The galleries will be open Thursday through Saturday from Noon to 8PM and Sundays from 10AM to 3PM. The Winooski Pop-up Gallery District is produced by Kasini House and The Winooski Welcome Center.



A Little History of The Project

In the spring of 2011 my studio was flooded. All my materials that survived were packed up for several months and my space was un-usable. This unfortunate circumstance fortunately launched me in a new direction. I began to go out each week and gather simple materials that could be found for free or very cheap, and make art out of only those materials. I could add in basic things like glue, paint, and tape, but the primary materials had to be what was found or gathered during that week.  After the creations were complete, I would
then dispose of the left-over materials, and gather anew the following week and begin the cycle again. It was a satisfying and refreshing way to work. I liked the self-imposed parameters, and the challenge of coming up with a way to use the strange and wonderful materials I found.

For “Gathering Winooski” I will continue this adventure, gathering materials each week using Winooski as my hunting ground. I will create art pieces in my home studio, and on site in my mini-studio space at the Winooski Welcome Center. I will be on-site once a week to speak with people about the work and to host “Ask The Project Lady” where visitors can bring in a simple found material and see if I can come up with a creative way to utilize it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello friend
    How are you Today Visit your Web Blog Page Got more Information you share Best Information my pray with you and Your Business get more success and Blessings in The name of LORD.

    prize bonds results
    bonds
    lottery tips

    ReplyDelete